Friday, January 23, 2009

2009: A Year Unlike Any Other

So obviously I didn't keep this updated before the wedding. I was just a little busy. But I knew that once I settled down in North Carolina I wanted to keep my Kansas friends and family updated on my life here. Little did I know the complications that awaited me:


Jan. 1st: Jodie and I left Topeka with all of our belongings in a U-Haul Trailer and headed to North Carolina.







Jan. 2nd: 4 AM- While driving through Kentucky with Jodie asleep in the backseat, the trailer began to swerve our car back and forth driving us into an embankment and totalling the Jimmy and the trailer. Jodie and I were sore and scraped up and I had to go to the hospital for a case of whiplash. Thankfully we were okay. In the Doctor's words, "Battered and bruised, but not broken." We were so blessed.






Jan. 3: After spending the night in a hotel, we took off for North Carolina again in a larger U-Haul trailer loaded with our belongings that survived the wreck. I slept the majority of the way, thanks to the muscle relaxer that the Dr. prescribed.




Later that night when we finally arrived home our neighbors came out to greet us with the news that our house had been broken into. Thankfully there wasn't much in the house and we only lost an X-Box 360, a projector, and Jodie's assault pack.




Jan. 5: Jodie returned to work.




Jan. 6: My friend Danielle and I visited the local animal shelter and I fell in love with a two month old puppy. Jodie gave me the okay and Nala entered our lives. She's so much bigger now, but it's hard to get a picture of her because she won't ever stay still!



Nala all dirty on her way home from the shelter.

After her first bath, back when she was still shy.
She has been a handful, but I love her so much and am so grateful that I have something to keep me busy.
Jan. 10: Jodie left for Sniper School at Ft. Benning, GA. He will be back on Feb. 13. He's doing so well there; he has passed every test and is pretty much being the BAMF that he is! :)
Nothing big has happened since then. I've been working on setting up the house and have been trying to adjust to military life and have begun to look for a job. Reagan is coming up next weekend and I am very much looking foward to that! Though the events of the last month haven't been the best, I am trying my best to stay positive and am actually not miserable. I feel like they are teaching me responsibility as I continue to deal with insurances and the like. I miss all of my friends and family and especially my husband, but life is good and I can't complain!
All my love,
Melodi!

2 comments:

Reagan said...

wow Nala was REALLY dirty when you took her home!

"pretty much being the BAMF that he is!" My favorite quote from this post.

PS where am I sleeping when I visit you?

Melodi said...

lol she was SOOO gross. i gave her a bath AS SOON as I could!
you are welcome to the couch orrrrr behind door number two there is a bed that you could share with me... if that doesn't bother you. if not i could invest in an air matress if you'd like. :)